Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cardinal Lane

Cardinal Lane was just off of South 1st Street. The view here is up the hill from South 2nd Street. The Pannells and the Hoffmans lived at the top of the hill. I lost a lot of hide on that hill. We made little vehicles with rope steering and drove down the hill. On time the rope broke on me and I went straight into the hillside that was there back in those days. When skateboards came out, it was just crazy going down that hill. I never made it all the way on a skateboard, crashed every time. When it iced, the hill became our sled. Used cut up cardboard boxes to slide down on. Crashed most of the time going down that hill. I love to drive back into the neighborhood and look at that old hill. Fun times minus the bumps and bruises.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment